Why become a teacher
The quality of support you give others is directly related to the quality of
support you give your self.
Becoming a teacher depends on the fundamental truism above.
Students train to become teachers of The Alexander Technique(AT) for many reasons. Among them are the desire to:
- participate more fully in the change one wishes to bring about personally and globally.
- work in the burgeoning field of body-mind professions. The AT is recognized everywhere from The Mayo Clinic to The Royal Academy of Music in London.
- teach those in the performing arts and help them cultivate their most free and full creative expression without sacrificing their primary instrument, i.e. themselves!
- deepen one’s personal experience and understanding of mind-body balance through in-depth study of the Technique.
- share the means-whereby one’s own life has been dramatically transformed.
- support others in one of the most beautiful and fundamentally helpful ways possible
- invest in a practical and profound form of learning that focuses of one’s personal development
- demonstrate the most efficient way to achieve one’s goals united with the betterment of one’s well-being.
- realize that learning best happens when the focus is on individual personal development.
- extend one’s skills in whatever area one wishes to apply oneself.
- join groundbreaking work in neuroscience and medical research investigating the Alexander Technique as basic to human health, performance and productivity.
Read more about the Curriculum for Riverside Initiative’s Teacher Training.
Contact Riverside Initiative for the Alexander Technique